Gawker is the definitive news and gossip sheet for followers of entertainment, media, and business.
рекомендовать друзьям >>
- Guy's Drunk Wife Tells Him a Lame Joke; He Animates the Result
Remember the other day when you were saying how much you loved the sketch series "Drunk History" but that you wished how instead of history it was a corny joke about tortilla chips that Morgan Patch told her husband Adam while sauced off her ass on a bottle of wine, which he then turned into an animated short?
- Antoine Dodson Renounces Homosexuality to Become a Hebrew Israelite
In a series of rambling, grammatically challenged Facebook and Twitter posts published last night, Internet personality Antoine Dodson appeared to claim that he was "no longer into homosexuality" and was now a devout Hebrew Israelite instead.
- Rabid Bat's Oblivious Victim Roams Mojave Desert
A man attacked by a rabid bat in the Mojave National Preserve will probably die if not found and treated by health officials. Eyewitnesses say the bat landed on the mystery man's neck outside the desert park's book store at the Kelso Depot between Las Vegas and Los Angeles. The man wandered off, oblivious, and the bat fell dead from rabies.
- Drudge Latest Victim of World's Least Funny "Satire" Site
The latest victim of fake news source The Daily Currant: Matt Drudge, who (like the idiots at Zero Hedge last night) was taken in by this bafflingly unfunny story about Mike Bloomberg being denied a slice of pizza at a restaurant.
- Wildfires Across California Force Hundreds of Evacauations
Million-dollar homes in Camarillo, Calif. were reduced to nothing yesterday as a wind-stoked fire in Ventura County spread over 8,000 acres, threatening 2,000 homes and causing hundreds of evacuations.
- Pirate Attacks Are Down by 75 Percent
Good news for sailors, shipping magnates and these women
: pirate attacks are way down. In fact, there haven't been any successful hijackings by Somali pirates in nearly a year, according Donna Leigh Hopkins, a US diplomat and the head of the Contact Group on Piracy off the Coast of Somalia. Переслать
- Either a friend (if you trust CNN) of Kris Kross' Chris Kelly or Kelly's mother (if you trust TMZ) t
Either a friend (if you trust CNN) of Kris Kross' Chris Kelly or Kelly's mother (if you trust TMZ) told investigators the rapper had used heroin and cocaine the night before he was found dead
in his Atlanta home. Переслать
- FDA to Decide if Anti-Bacterial Soap Is Actually Terrible for You
This is reassuring: the FDA says that, sometime this year, they'll finally get around to properly investigating triclosan, the germ-killing ingredient used in anti-bacterial soaps, mouthwash, toothpaste and toys. But how long has this potentially-harmful chemical been on the market? Only 40 plus years.
- On Thursday evening, Rhode Island officially became the 10th state to allow gay marriage.
On Thursday evening, Rhode Island officially became the 10th state to allow gay marriage.
- Massive Bitcoin Business Partnership Devolves Into $75 Million Lawsuit
Bitcoin, the virtual currency libertarian geeks expect us all to use to pay for pizza in the future, has had a rough few weeks. A series of booms and busts
have sent shivers down the spines of Bitcoin enthusiasts. Now, Gawker has learned that a much-hailed partnership between two of the most prominent players in Bitcoin, Mt. Gox and CoinLab, has devolved into a nasty $75 million lawsuit, which appears to be by far the biggest Bitcoin-related lawsuit ever. Переслать
- Slayer Guitarist Jeff Hanneman Dead at 49
Jeff Hanneman, guitarist and founding member of legendary American metal band Slayer, died of liver failure today in California. He was 49.
- Reese Witherspoon's Amazing Arrest Video Emerges
- The New York Times is reporting Dzhokhar Tsarnaev told FBI interrogators that he and his brother ini
The New York Times is reporting Dzhokhar Tsarnaev told FBI interrogators that he and his brother initially considered carrying out suicide attacks on the Fourth of July. When the two finished building their bombs earlier than planned, they moved the attack up to Patriot's Day, according to a law enforcement official.
- If Howard Kurtz Is Down to Only One Job, Is He Still Howard Kurtz?
The Daily Beast stage, or fraction, of the career of Howie Kurtz ended with a perfectly apt string of Twitter messages from the media reporter/Washington bureau chief:
- Thatz Not Okay: Having an Imaginary Boyfriend; Baby Meets a Black Man
Welcome to Thatz Not Okay, a regular column in which I school inquiring readers on what is and is not okay. Please send your questions (max: 200 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Thatz Not Okay."
- Women Sorry for Dressing Up As Pirates to Meet Man Abducted by Pirates
A group of women in Devon, England, thought it would be fun to dress up like pirates for a talk about piracy being given by sea captain Colin Darch. Unfortunately, some of the fun wore off when the realized that, rather than discussing piracy in general, Darch would instead be recounting the time he was held hostage for days by a band of armed Somali pirates.
- Ah, Liberty University, where upstanding evangelical students still may not dance on a date, but tha
Ah, Liberty University, where upstanding evangelical students still may not dance on a date, but that boy expelled from his high school for illegally bringing a shotgun onto campus gets a four-year scholarship. Truly, He works in mysterious ways!
- Cop-Killing Terror Lady Is First Woman On FBI Terror List
Fugitive cop-killer Joanne Chesimard has become the first woman on America's Most Wanted Terrorists List, joining a previously all male list of super villains. Chesimard, who also goes by the aliases "Sister-Love Chesimard" and "Joan Davis," murdered a New Jersey state trooper 40 years ago today. Chesimard busted out of prison and has lived in Cuba ever since.
- Here's a trailer for Kristen Wiig's new movie Girl Most Likely.
Here's a trailer for Kristen Wiig's new movie Girl Most Likely. It's like the depressing third quarter of Bridesmaids, but Annette Bening is her mother and Matt Dillon is her mother's boyfriend. And Darren Criss (Darren Criss? Darren Criss in eyeliner?) has a crush on her.
- Women Stripped Naked, Judged in Controversial Primetime TV Show [NSFW]
Thomas Blachman, award-winning jazz musician and judge on the local edition of The X Factor, has a new show on Denmark's public service TV station that's a lot like his other show. Except instead of passing judgement on aspiring pop singers, Blachman and a co-host critique the naked bodies of random women.
- The New NRA President Fantasizes About "Whipping" Anti-Gun Opponents
Just in time for its wingnut-filled annual meeting tomorrow, the National Rifle Association is set to install a new president: an Alabama lawyer who laments "the war of Northern Aggression," calls Barack Obama "this fake president," and fantasizes about "whipping" opponents of the gun lobby's agenda.
- Popular Stories from Across Gawker Media
Kotaku: I've Seen Grand Theft Auto V. This One's Radically Different. | Deadspin: How Frank Isola Became The Most Hated Man At Madison Square Garden | Jezebel: The 12 Ways We Are Amanda Knox | Gawker: Was Danny Brown Sexually Assaulted When a Woman Blew Him Onstage? |
- Westboro Baptist Got A Warm Welcome When It Protested The OKC Game
The Westboro Baptist Church's protest of last night's Rockets-Thunder game—in response to Jason Collins's coming-out, naturally—was sad and trivial, as the WBC's protests always are. Six picketers showed up. Many more were there to greet them.
- Jim Gaffigan Made a Crack About Women's Nails and Everybody Freaked
So yesterday, stand-up-comedian-slash-fat-dad Jim Gaffigan decided to make what he thought was a mostly harmless joke about women and their nails.
- Was Danny Brown Sexually Assaulted When a Woman Blew Him Onstage?
In case you missed it: Just-left-of-mainstream rapper Danny Brown received oral sex onstage at his show on Friday at Minneapolis's West Bank. This has scandalized social media for most of the week. An early account of the incident on Reddit, titled "I just saw Danny brown get his dick sucked on stage mpls" went like this:
управление подпиской: http://www.rss2email.ru/manage.asp
партнерская программа: http://partner.rss2email.ru/?pid=1