Gawker is the definitive news and gossip sheet for followers of entertainment, media, and business.
рекомендовать друзьям >>
- FL Teacher Fired After Side Job as 'Eyecandy Model' Surfaces [NSFW]
A 26-year-old English teacher from Boca Raton, Florida, was fired from her job late last month after officials at Martin County High School discovered she was moonlighting as an "eyecandy model" under an assumed identity.
- Online Dating Replacement: Tragic "Please Date Me" Clothing Line
Most attempts at "online dating" fail not because of some outwardly obvious personal defect on your part, but because it is an inherent failure on the part of online dating as an institution not to dress you in regrettable cotton t-shirts that say, with just a logo and a few carefully chosen words, that you are so very lonely and will try literally anything, and further, have likely begun designing and printing wedding invitations for potential marriage matches with each person at your office, just in case.
- Popular Stories from Across Gawker Media
Deadspin All The Best Quotes From The American Hero Who Rescued Amanda Berry | Lifehacker What Bad Posture Actually Does to Your Body | io9 Defiance just got one hell of a lot better | Jalopnik Leonard Nimoy Smack Talks Zachary Quinto, Drops F-Bomb In Audi Ad
- Sex and the City Creator Hacked, New Book Leaked
Guccifer has struck again. After hacking Candace Bushnell, the author who created Sex and the City, the conspiracy-loving hacker tweeted
, from her official account, the first 50 pages of Bushnell's new novel—and then screenshots of her frantic emails trying to take the book down. Переслать
- A new report says Ben Zygier, Israel's mysterious "Prisoner X," was jailed for sabotaging a mission
- Matt Groening's Mother's Obit Reads Like a Who's Who of Springfield
Simpsons creator Matt Groening's mother Margaret Ruth (née Wiggum) recently passed away at the age of 94. That's bad.
- Jon Stewart: The Good, the Bad, and the Crazy at the NRA Convention
On the Daily Show and the Colbert Report last night, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert covered the 142nd NRA convention held in Houston, Texas. Stewart covered the NRA 2013 convention in a riff titled "The Good, the Bad, and the Crazy," while Colbert used the convention to launch into a new series called "Bat Shit Serious."
- Watch the "Mutiny" on Rihanna's Plane of Journalists and Fans
Remember that thing that happened in November, when Rihanna's people pooled together journalists and contest-winning fans on a Boeing 777 for a seven-day, seven-country, seven-concert mini-tour
? And then Rihanna ditched out and everyone was pissed and hungry and had to piss ? Very little of that was rehashed in Fox's bland Rihanna 777 documentary, which aired last night. Переслать
- What It's Like to Die at AOL
AOL Music lasted fifteen years before it was destroyed
late last month without warning or much of a funeral. After talking with a survivor (of sorts) from the wreckage, you have to wonder how anyone could last longer than fifteen minutes. Переслать
- Elizabeth Smart: Abstinence-Only Education Kept Me From Running Away
Speaking at a forum on human trafficking at Johns Hopkins University, kidnapping and rape survivor Elizabeth Smart offered personal insight into why someone in an ordeal similar to the one she endured would have a hard time running away from their captor.
- The Hero Who Rescued Three Kidnapped Women in Cleveland Is Hilarious
Charles Ramsey, who helped rescue three missing Cleveland women from the house where they'd been held captive for a decade, is more than just a good Samaritan and hero: He's also an amazing interview. (And even better on the phone with 911.)
- Girls Gone Wild Creator Found Guilty of Falsely Imprisoning Women
- Chris Christie Admits to Weight-Loss Surgery
Fat loudmouth prick Chris Christie, the governor of New Jersey, is well on his way to becoming plain old loudmouth prick Chris Christie, after getting lap-band surgery to lose weight and dropping 40 pounds in three months.
- Rihanna just took the stage in Boston, over three hours late.
Rihanna just took the stage in Boston, over three hours late. Needless to say, Boston fans are not happy.
- Three Women Missing for 10 Years Rescued From Cleveland Home
Three women were rescued Monday afternoon from a home in Cleveland. Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight all went missing roughly 10 years ago, when Berry was 16, DeJesus 14 and Knight was 21. All three are alive, talking, and apparently in good health, according to police.
- San Francisco Finally Able to Ban People Who Shit on Their Subway
- Yes, That's Right, Punk Is Dead (at the Costume Institute Gala)
The eyes of the fashion-conscious and celebrity-obsessed turn this evening to the annual Costume Institute Gala at New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art. To accompany the Institute's latest exhibit, "Punk: From Chaos to Couture," the gala's theme this year was punk rock, because what better way to celebrate the history of punk music than by inviting millionaires to compliment one another at an exclusive party.
- The man who injured President Obama during a basketball game nearly 3 years ago finally gave his fir
The man who injured President Obama during a basketball game nearly 3 years ago finally gave his first interview:"I've played basketball a million times in my life and I've never elbowed anybody. So the first time I do this, it's to the President of the United States? What is the probability of that? Nil, right?"
- Wall Street Journal Reminds All Its Reporters to Be Sexy
The Wall Street Journal, America's premier lifestyle magazine for teens who love fashion, beauty, and fun, issued a friendly yet firm memo to staff Monday morning reminding everyone that staying abreast of international business and economic developments is important, but looking good on tape is just as, if not more important.
- The Chilling Case of "Fat Longpig," the Cannibal With a Child Dungeon
For several years, someone calling himself "Fat Longpig" haunted a variety of online forums, discussing with anyone who shared it his unique interest in "abducting, raping, murdering, and eating children," trading child pornography, and, in at least one case, attempting to arrange a kidnapping.
- Newly Declassified Memo Shows CIA Shaped Zero Dark Thirty's Narrative
Kathryn Bigelow's Osama bin Laden revenge-porn flick Zero Dark Thirty was the biggest publicity coup for the CIA this century outside of the actual killing of Osama bin Laden. But the extent to which the CIA shaped the film has remained unclear. Now, a memo obtained by Gawker shows that the CIA actively, and apparently successfully, pressured Mark Boal to remove scenes that made them look bad from the Zero Dark Thirty script.
- Sucking the Baby Puke Off Your Child's Pacifier Is a Health Trend
Here's a disgusting new way to make Baby healthier: Instead of being an uptight parent who uses dishwashers or soap or basic hygiene, try "cleaning" your infant's gross pukey pacifier by sticking that thing in your mouth and sucking away.
- Lauryn Hill was sentenced to three months in prison today for failing to pay taxes on about $1 milli
Lauryn Hill was sentenced to three months in prison today for failing to pay taxes on about $1 million in income. The IRS: Ready or not, here they come, you can't hide. They're gonna fiiiiiiind you, and send you to jail.
- Popular Stories from Across Gawker Media
Jalopnik Crazy New Flying Car Is A Vertical-Takeoff 200 MPH Plug-In Hybrid | Lifehacker What Happens to Your Brain When You Have Stage Fright | Gawker Roommate Banished from Existence for Using Other Roommate's Toothbrush | Gizmodo Watch a Sand Storm From the Top of the Tallest Building in the World |
- Woman Wins $14 Million with Lotto Ticket She Bought by Mistake
A California mother of four made a very fortunate mistake last month when she accidentally purchased a winning lottery ticket at her local CVS.
управление подпиской: http://www.rss2email.ru/manage.asp
партнерская программа: http://partner.rss2email.ru/?pid=1